Vuejs Frontend Laravel Backend
Vuejs Frontend Laravel Backend – VueJS is a progressive Web Application development framework, and it is feature-rich. A progressive framework is an additional markup provided to HTML. This means when the browser updates itself the HTML file undergoes updates too. It is basically bound to the data model as a template model.
On the other hand, Laravel is open-source. It is basically a PHP framework. It is extremely robust. Furthermore, its ease of use and the less time required to understand it make it an excellent frontend framework of choice. By using Laravel, we could develop scalable Web Application development. Laravel has many features under its hood. Its capabilities are only limited to the user. A major feature that Laravel offers is the ability to reuse the components of other frameworks. It is especially useful since a lot of precious time gets saved while Web Application development.
Laravel provides further productivity by having many built-in applications at the disposal. Thus, Laravel has a huge advantage in terms of modularity.
VueJS allows you a developer to make various changes in the user interface. Further, these changes get synced effortlessly with the Vue frontend. This feature affords a seamless and efficient user experience for any user.
Features of Vue.JS for Web Application development:
- One of the main features of VueJS is, it makes use of Virtual DOM ,just like react or Ember. As we know the concept of virtualization, it’s an optimal solution to many problems. What this means is that when any change has to be compulsorily made on DOM, they’re made on the virtual dom. This is very good in terms of optimization.
- It has a data binding feature. This helps in manipulating HTML attributes with the help of v-binds.
- Components in VueJS help the developer create custom elements.
- V-on in VueJS helps in event-handling. It is an attribute added to the Document Object Model, which makes working on it much more effective and easier.
- Animation and Transition helps in applying transitions to HTML elements. We can add third-party animation easily and add interactivity to the webpage.
- Computed Properties reduce the manual coding required to listen to the changes made on User Interface. It performs necessary calculations.
- There is a very unique and important attribute that is basically the routing feature. This means that whenever navigation has to occur between pages, it is through the Vue router.
- VueJS scripts are extremely lightweight. Hence, they can also be easily changed to suit our needs while not being too demanding.
Although VueJS is not the most popular framework there is, it has taken the good parts out of Angular and React. It has a powerful library and is much faster than React or Angular as it has a lightweight library.
Features of Laravel for Web Application development:
- The Web Application development using Laravel are highly scalable.
- Third-party libraries are easily installed in Laravel with the help of composer tools. This tool includes all dependencies and libraries.
- Like any framework, Laravel has its own well-structured command-line interface, and its name is Artisan. The CLI of Laravel assists in Web Application development. Symphony, another framework is the place from there these commands originate and are in use here.
- The features also include modularity, testability and routing.
- Configuration management is another important feature of Laravel. As evident, the Web Application development using Laravel are in use and run in many different environments. Laravel handles the configuration in a highly effective way.
- The Command Bus is very beneficial as the events get dispatched simply and efficiently.
- Laravel is a PHP framework hence storage of the database definitions and schema of Laravel is in PHP code.
Combination of Vue js and Laravel in Web Application development
To stay ahead in business, it has become an unspoken rule to use multiple domains of technology. In full-stack development, VueJS and Laravel’s combination provides wonders.
Let us look at the Potential that VueJS has: In Web Application development
VueJS works seamlessly, which basically means all changes get reflected in the Vue frontend in real-time. There is one very handy attribute that VueJS offers. Whenever you make an HTML coded template, you can directly use it as a template for Vue.
Let us look at the Potential that Laravel offers :
Laravel is in some ways similar to VueJS the difference being it is a backend development structure. It offers very powerful performance capabilities and abilities. It is undoubtedly leading the market when it comes to PHP based frameworks that are also open source. This makes it indispensable to those working on full-stack development. The structure that Laravel follows is commonly known as MVC, which stands for Model View Controller model. Through this, the development effort required is significantly reduced. Also, the time involved is drastically reduced.
Now the inherent potential and abilities of these platforms are clear to us. Let us now focus on what combining these two can achieve when it comes to full-stack development. As you can imagine combining two such powerful tools will surely lead to tremendous output and further enhanced capabilities.
Laravel – The undisputed king of development on the backend.
Laravel is fully prepared for any backend or server-side development of applications that one can imagine. As already known, it is basically a highly supportive language that has a huge line-up of very useful tools that are typically in use in web development.
While Laravel offers many benefits, the following are undoubtedly the key strengths it offers.
- Laravel offers the lowest learning curve that is practically anyone can pick up Laravel and understand its working. Also, it is completely unparalleled when it comes to ease of use. A beginner will also easily be able to pick up its nuances and work wonders as they progress. Navigation around the aids and tools is also quite simple.
- Laravel comes with a huge library of reactive components preinstalled, which are very beneficial when developing an app that is event driven.
VueJs – The undisputed king of development on the front end
Vue is best used for working on a frontend framework. It has a ton of abilities, the most amazing being able to render templates in HTML, its CSS capabilities and also support for a wide variety of languages that are commonly used on the frontend. All components of VuejS are fully editable, and thus it finds its use in modern Web Application development.
Let us take a peek at the key strengths that VueJS offers but these are in no way the only reason that it is the most preferred by developers.
- Similar to Laravel, VueJS has a very low and pretty fast learning curve, that means it is very easy to pick up and also simple to navigate around.
- Reusable and fully editable components. Thus one can customize every aspect according to their specific needs.
- Faster rendering by using virtual DOM. Faster rendering means more time to work on actually developing the project you are working on.
- The concerns, as well as the abstractions that will be in use most likely, are very clearly separated. It is very important as it makes the debugging process significantly easier and faster.
Why Should You Use Laravel With VueJS? in Web Application development
The wondrous point to note is that Vue now arrives pre-packaged with the backend framework that is Laravel. This means that when you use the Laravel platform to develop applications, you will get an amazing build tool based on a web pack along with Laravel mix. It helps web application developers to begin developing complex single-page applications without any need to worry about source maps and transpilers, among other things. One also need not concern themselves with code packaging, or any other foul aspects of contemporary fronted development.
Everything Happens On Frontend: In Web Application development
As the users on the internet would want the best experience possible, applications, especially Web Application development using the integration of Laravel and VueJS provide a seamless experience. The development of the applications is in such a way that the user would not know if the page is actually reloaded—the user interfaces using the latest web language.
Reactive Components Make for a fantastic Event Driven App:
The first question which comes to our mind is what an event-driven app is? Before talking about event-driven applications, we should know what an event is, in the first place. We can define any event as simply an action performed. It could be a single click of a mouse or can even be a normal key pressed. Hence an event-driven application will be an app which provides a certain outcome based on the event being recorded. An event-driven application would make use of event handling procedures. VueJS lets the developer create full-scale applications that are event driven.
Coupled with Laravel, building these applications is also an amazing experience. It is extremely easy to use as one has to just make the text on their page possible to edit or they can also swap components entirely to load a video as and when the user requests it. Again this all happens without even reloading the page. The whole process is seamless, and the backend gets reflected on the frontend on a real-time basis.
Building Optimal Complex Frontend Pages: in Web Application development
A virtual DOM (VDOM) is simply a document object model with far-reaching consequences and uses. It is a very useful and potent programming concept. Here the real representation of User Interface is first kept in memory, and then later it gets synced by original DOM. This virtualization of the Document Object Model is an advantage.
When we frequently send update requests, the application would show considerable lag issues. The advantage of using VueJS is, each component’s dependency is automatically tracked in the rendering phase. It is a very neat trick employed in VueJS. This process would make sure that only the requested resource is actually accessed and so the DOM gets minimal hits. It improves the performance of applications significantly.
Single Page Application:
As is obvious, such an app will use the minimum amount of information. Loading of the whole webpage including the cache, is thus done in one go or all at once. This is especially considered to be a boon for those people with minimal access to the internet as opening multiple pages will be a burden. It is only possible to create when we use the integration of VueJS and Laravel. It’s an advantageous yet underrated aspect of this integration.
Easy to learn and use:
The combination of Laravel and Vue js and the advantages they offer when used together In Web Application development
Combining Laravel and Vue js to your project can elevate it to much greater levels. You can obtain the added advantages of these two structures by joining them into your projects. Both provide tremendous features of their own and thus combining them both can only create greater results not possible while using only one of them at a time.
Thus, integration is necessary for better outcomes. In most of the modern versions of Laravel, it is usually bundled in with VueJS along with Bootstrap and JQuery.
Demonstration of Integrating VueJS and Laravel:
The above code is simply creating an example component of Vue in Laravel
A web application created by integrating the powerful features of both Laravel and VueJS would have all the good qualities of React, Angular. Laravel has an excellent, engaging community support system. It makes Laravel an amazing catch. The cutting edge tools that are Vue and Laravel makes a great combination to create uber cool websites that have the best interactivity.
Building a modern web app with Laravel and Vue
Developing the environment differs a lot from system to system and also according to the need. So it may be difficult to have the best setup guide which is applicable to each one. Hence there may be some guidelines you might not be able to apply in your present setup of OS and environment. But worry not there are many alternatives present, and we will try to mention them.
The following are the requirements:
- Knowledge and idea of PHP. It is obvious as we are working on PHP development.
- Very basic knowledge of Laravel and Vue structure as these are the frameworks we will use some basic understanding is necessary. We use both because integrating them yields far superior results than when they are in use standalone.
- You should have SQ Lite compulsorily installed on your system.
Setting up for PHP development: First and foremost installing the composer.
The composer is a package manager of all the PHP applications which are present. It will allow you to install the libraries and packages which are available publicly.
Laravel uses the composer to pull in all the dependent libraries. Thus we need to install the composer in our machine to pull in all the necessary packages.
Install the composer on windows:
Download and then run the Composer setup file. It is an executable file and will have a label of Composer-setup.exe. Soon the latest version of the composer will be easily installed on your system. It will automatically set up the PATH. Then you can simply invade the composer in your own terminal and that too from whatever directory it gets installed in.
Now let us build our very own Laravel and Vue CRUD Application so that we are better able to understand how the integration works and how useful it is.
Let us build a simple yet fun quiz game app. The API will get integrated into the app automatically. So the players’ lists and quiz questions and other stuff will get easily set up.
The rules can be of your, but a general idea of the game is as follows:
- As in any quiz, the questions are always read by the host. When the players answer the host will mark their respective answers.
- The host cannot play the game and thus cannot be a player. It is obvious; otherwise, the game will have no meaning.
- The players can attempt the current question they get asked, or they can pass the question.
- If the answer given is correct, the respective player will get +1 points.
- If the answer given is wrong, the respective player will get -1 points.
- The host will press the refresh button every time a question gets answered correctly or if a question gets passed by everyone.
Once you make the following game, you will realize how powerful the integration of Laravel with VueJS is. Both the tools are tremendous in their own rights, but on combining their powers, the outcomes will get elevated to unknown levels. Go ahead and to make this game yourself we are sure you will get a feel of what we mean.
This is an in-depth insight into the benefits of both Laravel and VueJS. The two are powerful tools for backend and frontend development, respectively. But by combining the two results, we can achieve while Web Application development simply marvellous. Their effective integration is almost necessary now to make an application. Not only is the work time faster, but the whole process is seamless too.
Furthermore, the learning curve involved for both is pretty, and hence one can pick up the nuances pretty easily. The websites created using this integration are cost-effective and delivered quickly. So go ahead and try the integration of Laravel with VueJS for yourself. You will surely understand the wonders it offers once you use them together.
Need Help with a Laravel or Vue project?
Reach us at sales@ateamindia for a free consultation.