What is Framework?
In the world of software development or programming, the framework is a technical layered system showcasing the kind of programs, structure and their inter-relation. As an app itself, it takes all the necessary steps to make a user application on its own.
It can also be said as a set of technical templates or plans to avoid programming errors. It is used for multiple projects and is mainstream in the web app process.
This framework is also popular for its device responsiveness and for building interactive multimedia content. It can be further useful for gaming sections, server apps and much more.
- Flexible character– its flexibility is such an ace that you can surely utilize it to assemble your back-end as you’re front-end. It saves time in terms of flexibility.
There are numerous structures that license us to effortlessly make the interface of the application like Angular, React, Vue, and etc.
For creating backend, it’s only relevant to know different programming languages, database, API and use of node.js. For frontend mobile, it’s important to utilise other frameworks like react native, Flutter or anyone.
The preference for the language is because of its easy learning, and later it will be possible to start a freelance or full time. There are multiple vacancies opening in the portal all the time to even start from the beginning of your career.
Netflix– similar to PayPal, Netflix is also using Node JS for its structure. Netflix has used the advantage of Node to break down pieces of their UI into separate services. This has increased the speed and eliminated the pressure on the server. Currently, a huge amount of Netflix is working on Node.
EBay– eBay again is working on the Node JS for services and has begun to resettle the whole user facing stack to Node JS. Whatever you see on eBay is on Node now.
LinkedIn– LinkedIn is also trusting Node JS to clear its scaling issues and quick performance. Node also comforted the data sharing building APIs for its developers.
- Presentation- there are libraries such as Reveal JS and BeSpoke JS that are used for making presentations and web slide-deck. With the help of HTML and CSS, these work great in mobile and tabs. BeSpoke JS is responsible for putting bullets, scaling and multiple features.
- Web servers– it can be done through Node JS and never allows for buffer and transfer chunks of data. HTTP created the server using CreateServer that executes the accessible of port 8080.
- React JS– it encourages the developers to write small elements and reuse it for different stations. This will increase the speed and will deduct the risk of code errors. This will also enhance the functionality in clean and readable codes. It was founded by Jordan Walke in 2013 and has the MIT license. It includes the benefits:
1. It consists of elements that are rendered specifically in DOM with an assistance of React DOM.
2. They serve for the basic single app page development. They also construct organised UI for interactive websites.
3. The performance of the app is high using the selective rendering and utilises methods like render and componentdidmount for permission of code execution.
- Node.JS– Each web application submits various types of structures with everyone supporting a particular use case in the development cycle. There are three types of Node like MVC, Full stack MVC and REST API. About 68% of the developers are preferring Node for great extend and successful performance.
1. It helps in encouraging a two-way process of binding. It also creates ecommerce apps and establishes real-time data apps for weather up gradation.
2. It provides better functionality for inserting into an HTML code. Its static documents are speedy and simple. Its present situation is understandable, expressive, and quick to create.
3. It offers an extraordinary extensibility and can be flexible to work with. It also has an inherent testability and assist for inherent injection.
- Vue JS– it was founded in 2014 by Evan You. It is especially important to frame the user interface (UI). It has its some of the advantages as below:
1. It upholds ES5-compliant browsers and has a bottom library i.e. agreeable and centres on the view layer. Additionally, it also carries other valuable libraries that can assist you with overseeing intricacies related to one-page applications.
- Ember JS– this is used for the level of enterprise scale creating single page apps. Ember was earlier known as “SproutCore 2.0” but later renamed as Ember by maker ‘Yehuda’. This is based on the pattern MVVM (model-view-view model) and has Ember Command- line interface tool for productivity.
1. It has given support to the global market like Microsoft, LinkedIn, Netflix and many others. In 2019, around 3.6% of the developers are using such a structure and 14% more are planning to adopt the same.
2. It has an understandable mechanism to work with APIs. It also provides Convention over Configuration (COC) which means directly coding and making web apps without much configuration. It has a support of rich documentation
- React JS– Preact.js is a lightweight, quick, and elite library. Its size is 3kb and offers all the functionalities without fail. Preact JS was built by Jason Miller. This is similar to the functionality of React and companies like Tencent, Uber or Lyft are using Preact. Around 21.5k live and 65k websites are built using Preact. Some of its key factors are:
1. This has a strong impact on command- line interface tools that will ease your work during new projects. It has advanced characters like ‘Linkstate Module’. This method is to improve state changes and be unfit for irrelevant codes.
2. This also uses ES6 API that means developers can comfortably transfer their work from React to this model between the projects.
3. Preact has also built renowned brands like Dominos, Financial Times, Dailymotion, Housing.com and many others.
- Svelte.JS– This is a frontend open source written in ‘Typescript’. This was developed by Rich Harris in 2016 and witnessed a popularity thereafter. It has NO-virtual DOM and easy ‘boilerplate’ with HTML, CSS and JS codes. This will make the app’s performance fast and light. Its famous clients are Godaddy, RazorPay or NewYork Times and others. Some of its key points to remember are:
1. Svelte improved version 3 has a quality of reusable elements rapid and clear with low codes. It doesn’t require additional books of typescript or JSX to learn.
2. It is also light in size but gives excellent execution even without virtual DOM.
3. It endorses client side, server side renders and embraces SEO-friendly smoothly.
- Aurelia .JS– Aurelia is also a popular framework like Angular.JS. It is a Durandal inc. products and companies like Deloitte, Chegg and others used such structure to gain a hit in the market. This is a modern framework that works together for refined interfaces or swapping of components in web apps only. It has another features are:
1. It obeys Model-view approach and naming convention. It has a programming language of ES2015, ES5, ES2016 and Typescript.
2. It has a proposal of extensible HTML that can build custom HTML. This will support data binding, great loading and strong performance rendering.
3. This will also offer two-way data binding for efficient UI. This will also involve a minimum set of conventions for easy use and smart reconfigure.
- Backbone .JS– this is a lightweight structure that permits developing client side apps running in a web browser. It motions MVC systems that essence information into models, DOM (Document Object Model) into perspectives and ties these two utilizing occasions.
- Next.JS– This is an end-to-end server side render and static generator structure on React. This was developed by Dutch company Vercel in 2017. You can build apps for different platforms like desktop, web apps, mobile apps and progressive web apps.
- Gatsby.JS– Its founder was Kyle Mathews and Sam Bhagwat in 2015. This is known for its advanced, resilient React and GraphQL based static site generator suitable for clean and SEO friendly static performance. It doesn’t support server-side render and pulls data from any data source.
It claims to deliver great performance, security and SEO during the generation of HTML content. Some of its key services are E-mail marketing, CMS, image optimisation, Google analytics, sitemaps, robot txt files or caching etc. Its used brands are Airbnb, NikeFigma and many others.
- Nuxt.JS– Its an open source progressive structure of Vue for server-side render apps and used by more than 11% of the developers. Its cons is not a full backend design nor can’t be work solitary. It rather can be an amalgamation of Vue components Vue, Vue router, Vuex, vue server render and vue Meta. Using Nuxt, you can build pre-rendered static page app, single page web app (SPA) or universal apps.
- Mocha- Mocha is an asynchronous testing framework running on Node.JS. Its reports are usually correct and stretchable and support both BDD and TDD for automated testing. 42% of the JS developers loved using the structure. There are some of the prominent sites using the framework such as Accenture, Asana, Netlify, Triple Byte, Webflow and so many more.
Some of its features involve responsive stack style SVG calculation, positioning, alignment aid, PNG fall back and cross border normalisation.
- Express JS– it is a well-like structure of Node library. It unifies with the ‘view’ render engine to produce responses through inserting data into templates. It positioned normal web application settings like the connecting port and the area of templates utilized for rendering the reaction. It also has an advantage of middleware packages to label almost any web development issues.
So below are some of the highlights from the 3 popular frameworks that will help you to get through with the decision.
User-experience is the first priority of any business in the market today. As a developer, you can focus on the easy UI and need of the project. Framework i.e. powerful yet simple will always be the high in demand for any developer as well as customer in the business.
- Server-side render: this will give better UX to the users especially in the field of mobile network. This will provide opportunity i.e. driven by content and lack of it. In this case, Angular will support your server-side render and version 2 will further give its help extensively.
- Flexibility– in the framework, there should be an option for a variety of configuration and customisation. For e.g. Angular has the capacity of flexibility to swap for components quickly compared to React, Vue or Aurelia.
- Progressive web apps- The Progressive upgrade is the spine of every model. It works all over the place, however these are supercharged in advanced browsers. Progressive Web Apps utilizes current web capacities to convey an application-like user experience. They develop from pages in browser tabs to vivid, high-level applications and keeping up with the web’s low friction at each second.
- Presentation and creativity– the overall performance should be well executed and in an upgraded version. It can depend upon the size and features that meet the business’s needs. The productivity of the framework should be opinionated and claims to deliver a perfect product.
- Upcoming updating– never forget to choose the framework that offers extensive features but to spend more time. This can later be seen as a slow performer and hamper of the business. Research well beforehand on the qualities of the structures like coding in less time, impactful features yet simple in learning and adapting ways. As a result, that framework will only shine in the future and in the upcoming projects seen at the market.
Backend framework and its 3 mostly used kinds
Backend frameworks are the structure of the server-side languages that will help in creating the server configuration of any sites. This is thus important to import the right technology for the development of websites. You can either affect your app utilization. Its 3 major used frameworks are:
- Express.JS– Express is a quick, sure, fundamental, and moderate web framework of Node.js. You can acknowledge expressing as a layer dependent on the most noteworthy place of the Node.js that deals with a server and routes. It gives a robust plan of segments to cultivate web and mobile applications. Its prominent features include:
1. It tends to be utilized to configure single-page, multi-page, and hybrid web apps.
2. It permits setting up middleware to react to HTTP Requests.
3. It characterizes a routing table that is utilized to perform various activities dependent on HTTP technique and URL.
4. It permits powerful delivery of HTML Pages dependent on passing contentions to templates.
1. It claims to give rich, great and rapid performance. It has a built-in page based routing system with support for active routes.
2. It has an advantage of a ‘pre-render’ system for both static generation (SSG) and server-side render that are assisted on a per-page basis.
3. It offers an automatic code split for fast-moving page loads. It also has a trump card of client-side route with improved prefetch.
4. It also has an authority of built-in CSS, Sass support and CSS-in-JS library. It has a development environment with rapid refresh help and complete enlargement.
5. It can construct API endpoints by API routes alongside server less duties.
- Nuxt.JS– Nuxt.js is a high-level framework that develops at the peak of Vue. It deals with the development of universal or single-page Vue apps. It abstracts away the ingredients of server and customer code distribution to get concentration on app development. The objective of the Nuxt is to have enough adaptability for you to use as a core project base. Its characteristics are:
2. It can be created on both client and server side or basically called ‘universal apps’ without any hassle. Using the Nuxt, it simplifies to divide the code among the client and the server to attend to app logic.
3. It also has an automatic code split to maintain the file size small and get special webpack configuration.
4. It also supports the auto-updating server and ES6/ES7 combo to achieve best output. It can also easily team up transitions between the routes and endorses single file components.
Backend is like the ‘brain’ of any website. It significantly centres on making, refreshing, and checking sites or web apps. So, let’s comprehend the factors that should be viewed before picking the back-end structure.
- Purpose– it is very important for the developer to know the motive behind its use. Accordingly, they can channelize the tools and framework later. Framework is not required in the case of the URL only. It will be highly effective if it runs on CRUD or the creation of CMS within 2-3 days but only in case of knowledge of the framework.
- Pattern– generally, most of the frameworks are installed with MVC (Model-view-controller). This supports the programmers to compose better codes by separating the data: the model, the logic: the controller, and the UI: the view from one another. In any case, an IT firm can likewise plump for top site frameworks that utilizes the distinguished patterns like MVP, MVA and AVC.
- Install– before moving to any framework, this step is crucial for any developer to consider. The process of installation should be easy and fast even in the case of testing and deployment of the app. It is a rule of every IT firm to see the backend contains comfort set up and run smoothly.
- Library– there are some of the web frameworks that are built as libraries of libraries like Pylon. You can swap the part anytime using such types of libraries. All the top websites use the library featuring AJAX, Authentication, Authorization, Caching, Data sanitization, data validation, templates, URL maps and rewrite. Avoid repetitive codes and controlled characteristics.
- Document– select a framework that has detailed information and documentation technicalities like snippets etc. all the higher websites working with the framework have the well-defined documentation beforehand. This will increase the clients and reduce confusion between the parties.
- Others– other technical specification is must in case of selecting a backend structure. Other features include easy tutorials, hosting ingredients, JS library, project size, AB abstraction and ORM, unit testing, scaling, community, creation and availability, fixing bugs and importantly price of the project.
It should have rules for composing experiments and arranging them in test suites. It must intend to automatically execute and self-grade the tests. Conclusion of the tests should be shown and organized.
1. Mocha– it runs on both Node and in the browser. This popular framework was launched in 2011 and makes asynchronous testing easy. It has an adaptable configuration that will allow it to pair with any library based on functionality.
2. Puppeteer– it comes under the framework of Node.JS. It permits a user to command a headless chrome or chromium browser. Accordingly it automates the test to perform manually on a regular browser.
4. Qunit– Qunit is the real section of the jQuery programming language and was built by John Resig in 2008. It is that part of the generic framework that can examine any JS codes including both client and server-side surroundings.
5. Jest– this testing framework is simple and has no configuration. It will start your page without any complexity or additional tools. This is used for examining React apps but you can also use it in other frameworks.
Below are some of the mainstream points that needs to be remember as per the criteria of the testing framework:
- Setup– when we talk about the commencing setup, the Jest framework will always come first in row. It claims to have zero and optional configuration usage. But things will not be running smoothly without using a configuration.
- Learning– Jest again comes with a huge API and does not require a third party tool. Jest definitely presents a less steep expectation to learn and adapt.
Therefore, after learning the facts about testing frameworks, Jest is best of all compared to others.
- React Native– React Native is one of the favourite frameworks in the circle of developer’s group. With its features like ethical speed, great UI, enough capacity, worthiness cost and less learning quality; it is the talk of the town in every mobile app development industry. There are some of its more features to add taste contribution:
1. It adds a significant library of React elements to create quick apps. It has also joined the parts in Swift, Objective-C and Java.
2. It also has an evolution of codes with some pieces in React Local and some with native code. It also has support and compatibility with third party plugins.
3. It also carries IOS and Android with a solitary codebase around the platforms. It presents a reactive interface to have a uniformly operating app.
- Xamarin– Xamarin is a .NET based body that is possessed by Microsoft and meant to develop native and elevated performances. It combines beautifully with modern day elements, backend service and native APIs to design sophisticatedly for Android, IOS, macOS, watchOS and windows. Some of its prominent traits includes:
1. It is assembled for native execution and has talented library support for getting to 2D plans and native APIs from shared code.
2. It also normalises cross-platform UI with Xamarin. Forums. It also has a group supporting numerous contributors and associations.
3. There is an advantage of a versatile backend system with wise logical apparatuses.
1. It reuses UI parts for a wide range of cell phones and creates responsive and instinctive apps for mobile gadgets.
2. It maintains a consistent framework, live reload, incorporations and cross platform expansion.
3. It also boosts up the library of front-end building blocks, reforms strengths and speeds up an ideal opportunity to showcase.
1. It has access to all types of Android, IOS APIs, free plugins, app patterns and templates.
3. It has incredible support from the community initiated by worldwide projects.
- Angular.JS– it is that open source web and mobile app structure influence to help the development and testing of apps alongside MVC and MVVM. Its highlights are Plug and play elements, native like exposure for hybrid mobile apps and directives. Key features are:
1. It has sharp and simple code components and a two-way data binding.
2. It has customized gadget development and an expansion of reusable code with directives.
3. It adds viable segments like switches, overlays, sidebars and so forth.
1. It has reached to devise hardware and display of valuable libraries.
2. It gives simple and basic development with stage compatibility.
3. You will also get IDE with an in-built emulator.
1. It creates single extraordinary quality sites and apps that can work reliably on devices and stages. It is also a touch-streamlined web system.
2. This can simply be compared with other mobile systems and provide an experience like Native.
3. It can be adaptable and based on theme-oriented designs.
1. It involves HTML5 hybrid mobile apps and desktop apps. It also has an expansion of the Bootstrap structure.
2. Mobile parts like switches, sidebars, overlays, and scrollable regions.
3. It is a convenient development framework that uses Angular to make a bold mobile app.
- Sencha Touch– it is now mixed with Sencha ext.JS to build cross platform mobile apps. It consists of well-tried and great execution of UI elements like HTML5 calendar, D3 adapters, trees, and others. Features involves:
1. It Speeds up mobile and web advancement easily. It gives admittance to a gathering of proficient Sencha apparatuses.
2. It is adaptable, suitable to code and provides responsive touch highlights.
3. Its robust data bundle is associated with different backend sources and presents a rapid speed for any mobile application.
1. MVC app structure proposing a basic model to individualize the layers. It also grants real-time analytics via a solitary platform.
3. It develops the community’s help and has proficient code modules for lesser coding time.
1. It provides a consistent mix with other front-end structures and entrance to Meteor accomplices for application development and preparation.
2. It also efforts quick prototyping and full-stack arrangement,
3. It uses similar codes in the frontend and backend.
- Backbone JS– this structure is based on MVC app design and proved as a backbone of a project. This lightweight framework is ideal for creating one-page apps and offering simple frontend structure for better functionality.
1. It individualizes the business and UI logic layer and will give admittance to 100+ accessible extensions.
2. It presents a delicate reliance on jQuery and hard reliance on Underscore.js and offers an assortment of building blocks like perspectives, models, routers, and many more.
3. It concentrates data into models and DOM into perspectives.
1. It is responsible for rendering at high speed. It concentrates more on development efficiency.
2. This has made the JS app supportable and reusable.
3. This has made the routes for URL management and in the perception of the MVVM designs.
1. There is no acceptance of web views for UI render except native devices.
3. It makes an assortment of charts and accessibility of online build services.
1. This has executed the common module framework and degraded to mistakes.
2. Code is an effectively readable, composable and more young group support.
3. It uses UX mark-up language to aggregate to native code.
- Onsen UI– this strong and free open source framework is packaged up with prepared execution highlights with native nature. This is especially for creating hybrid apps with Cordova and progressive web apps. Its 3-layers includes; CSS components, structure bindings and web elements. Features includes:
1. This is comparable with AngularJS and Angular 2+, React, jQuery, and Vue.
2. It Comprises of a different set of enhanced UI parts and performs well with Monaca, a solid tool that eases troublesome undertakings. Also this is a natively made UI element.
3. This works so well with any structure and smoothes out development.
- React Native– this widely used framework for cross platform mobile apps launched in 2015 by Facebook. Apps built in React can reuse codes maximum times on both IOS and android.
1. It guarantees 85% reusability of the centre codebase to ensure superfast application improvement.
2. It provides a real native client experience on Android and iOS.
3. It accompanies a pack of immediately usable formats and parts of application projects.
4. It is famous and used in a successful brand globally.
5. It has a robust pool of testing, troubleshooting instruments and hot reload provisions to guarantee a simpler turn of events and updates.
1. It does not present a clear picture of framework-like ways for developers.
2. Developers later have to switch to native technologies as it uses around 25-30% native codes.
3. It depends a lot on outsider APIs to fuse diverse application highlights.
- Ionic – this lightweight structure meant for web and hybrid mobile app development. It adds a feature of writing code once and runs numerous times anywhere.
1. It is used to make the platform freely with great execution of UI.
2. It also has easy UX that grants permission to native platform SDKs and APIs of each OS.
4. It is highly measurable and can stack up the ability to keep the consistency in requirement.
1. It will deliver every feature like native apps.
2. This does not have the feature of hot reload and thus it needs to be refreshed.
3. It doesn’t have native performance therefore it can create problems in real-time.
- jQuery– the USP of this UI based structure is its tiny size, powerful theme and easily used API for hybrid and web apps.
1. It is an independent app performing in all stages like IOS, android, windows and web.
2. It guarantees a profoundly responsive look and feels by tending to various screen sizes and goals.
3. It allows making custom topics by using the tool named Theme Roller that incorporates composing not a solitary line of code.
1. It is only convenient for simple app UI or default themes using Theme Roller.
2. This will work for base JS systems but is not good enough for cross-platform native development.
1. It is a single robust library for creating cross-platform mobile apps.
2. It has both frontend and backend for app development.
3. It is simple for carrying out updates as solitary change is reflected at the same time across platforms.
4. It is an exceptionally practical technology as an application venture can save connecting a great deal of native and platform explicit assets.
1. It has a cross-compilation of codes which will make the hybrid apps slower.
2. It is not compatible with other plugins on all platforms.
3. Some plugins possibly work with Cordova in case of altered and diverse features.
1. It permits quick app prototyping.
3. It has a great extent to code reusability.
4. It has a container of testing apparatuses and highlights of fixing debuggers.
5. It is reliant on injection help.
6. It has a two-way data binding to help data streaming.
1. It needs a learning curve for creating complex apps.
2. Fresher can find it difficult to work with some of its complicated features.
3. Sometimes it can also be difficult to tackle with the debuggers using the structure.
4. Its documentation and directives are lengthy and unmanageable.
5. It will present a limited edition of router connections.
Inference to the topic
How Ateam can help?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we are committed to playing ahead in the game and will work for your profit skilfully with our experts.