State of Angular Development in 2020
More than 12,000 websites that are in the top 1 million sites are powered by Angular. The latest version of Angular is 10 (10.0.2 to be precise) as of June 30th, 2020 (and the publishing of this article).
New Features and Updates in Angular 10
Let us look at what Angular 10 brings to the table this year.
- New Date Range Picker
- New optional Strict Mode
- New warnings on CommonJS Imports
- New project layout
- Dependency updates (TypeScript 3.9, TSLib 2.0, TSLint 6)
- Updated default browser configuration/li>
- Deprecated support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10
- Does not include ESM5 or FESM5 bundles as it is no longer required
- Performance improvements and bug fixes (as always)
Why Are Developers Still Using Angular?
Developers prefer Angular, which was released in 2016, more than the latest frameworks. This is because Angular follows an opinionated architecture. It means that once you learn the ropes, every Angular web development will seem familiar to you. While AngularJS was more flexible in its development approach, the pattern of Angular is more rigid with enforcements and certain standards making it easy for the experienced Angular developers.
The Command Line Interface of Angular plays a major role in making Angular one of the most loved frameworks even today. The CLI in Angular lets you add new logic and components flexibly. Advanced debugging and optimizations are also made possible with the robust CLI.
Another reason that developers still use and prefer Angular is due to its active and large community. Google still conducts global events and workshops yearly. 2 updates per year are also pushed into Angular further refining it like wine. But don’t worry, these updates are not game-changing and only contribute new features and optimizations.
Popular Use Cases of the Angular Framework
While the Angular framework can be used to create all sorts of creative experiments, there are some popular use cases.
Commerce: Angular provides tools for crafting great e-commerce and m-commerce marketplaces. You can track all the action the user takes on each page. You can also track page bounces and user profiles. All the security features that come with Angular also helps in making secure and robust commerce platforms. StoreHippo is one such platform, an industry giant, that utilizes Angular to its fullest.
Review: There are review sites and videos for almost everything now. You can check the ratings and reviews for food, products, places, activities etc. Most people today are dependent on these ratings and reviews to make decisions. This is because no one wants to buy a bad product or waste time going to an unenjoyable place. So these review apps and sites are now a common trend and this is where Angular comes in. Angular has capabilities for user review elements making it a great framework for the same. Check out GoodFilms to know what I mean.
Streaming: Streaming is another common trend among customers today. The recent events have made streaming a part of everyone’s life. Schools, colleges and institutions depend on these audio and video streaming apps/sites in place of traditional methods so that education can be provided even amid lockdown and pandemic situations. Angular is the perfect framework for such websites that needs streaming capabilities. Everyone’s favourite Netflix is a popular streaming site that is powered by Angular.
Travel: First of all, we do not recommend travelling right now except for urgent or emergency reasons. However, when the world is back to what it was, travelling will be what everyone desires in doing. Similarly, to other use cases, Angular also enables you to create great travel apps and sites. Travel platforms require dynamic elements and attractive UI which are things that Angular does very well. You can visit JetBlue for a great Angular travel test drive.
Weather: The Weather website is one of the best examples of a weather app that was made with Angular. Good user interface and smooth performance are what makes a good weather app. Both these elements can be easily made with Angular.
Other popular sites and apps powered by Angular are:
- The Guardian
Key Features of AngularJS
Now you are thorough with the popularity and uses, let us look at what makes AngularJS great.
- MVC Architecture: As stated earlier, AngularJS is based on the Model-View-Controller architecture. Traditionally, the separate components in an application are built by developers and are then combined together with coding. However, with AngularJS, all these components are combined automatically after being developed separately. This saves time and makes AngularJS the perfect framework for dynamic modelling.
- Directive Behaviour: Directives are used in Angular to offer additional functionalities. These functionalities can be accessed without any simulation from DOM (Document Object Model). These directives help developers in creating rich HTML elements for online platforms.
- HTML UI: HTML is a language that is simple to learn and understand. AngularJS uses HTML to create user interfaces making it simple to develop. One is also able to organise UI well leading to an easy, fast and simple UI development.
- Templates: AngularJS lets you use templates to create frameworks faster. While the templates are built with HTML, you are able to modify and expand on the elements accordingly to get the end result that you are looking for. It also makes it easier for the Angular designers and developers to work together.
- Filters: Filters play important roles in the front-end. It filters the data according to the modifiable parameters before it is shown to the end-user. It performs paginations, filtering data arrays and other functions that can be modified using parameters.
- Unit Testing: Testing was traditionally done by creating a separate and dedicated test page to test each component. The unit testing facilities in AngularJS prevents the use of this time-consuming process. Dependency injection is used to bind the different components of an application together. This helps you in modifying certain parameters of different components easily without a dedicated test page.
Top Reasons to Hire AngularJS Developers from aTeam
We will be direct in providing you the reasons to hire our AngularJS developers without any fluff. aTeam is one of the leading design and development teams in websites as well as applications. What makes us different is that each member in our team is passionate in what they do. They are not selected based on their scores or statistics. Each team member was handpicked because they love what they do. Our team is diverse enough for creative ideas and acts as one body in terms of teamwork. However, the first priority we give is to our clients. We communicate with the clients frequently with project updates and relevant decisions. Regular reports and feedback to-and-fro helps in refining the end results. You may be thinking that all these factors make us a good team but how does Angular fit into this? Good question.
While an expert in design and development, Angular is our core. We have a dedicated and an experienced team for Angular. aTeam has been in the industry for many years and have also successfully completed many Angular projects throughout the years. This has helped us in learning every nook and cranny through its many Angular versions. It has also helped us in creating complex and custom Angular products making us experts in custom Angular development and one of the best Angular development companies. Clients are also happy with our Angular support team for the regular support and maintenance even after the completion and delivery of Angular projects. The expertise in Angular technology combined with our passionate and experienced team makes us the ‘A-team’ of Angular.
Our Angular Development Services
- Angular CMS (content management system) development
- Angular custom directive development
- Angular custom module development
- Angular custom plugin development
- Angular e-commerce application development
- Angular support, maintenance and testing
- Angular web portal development
- Angular 8 development
- Angular 9 development
- AngularJS consulting
- AngularJS game development
- AngularJS mobile app development
- AngularJS single page application development
- AngularJS web development
Our Angular Portfolio
Warehouse Management System
Our client was finding it challenging to keep track of its inventory. The real-time remote dispatch of new tasks for them was also a challenge. Client wanted to use a Warehouse Management solution, in order to help them in optimizing their operations, managing the stock and improve customer relationship
aTeam WMS helped businesses to achieve significant ROI and the greatest competitive advantage in the marketplace. Benefits include enhanced employee morale, improved customer service, reduction of various cost parameters, tracking, communication and faster Go-To Market Strategies.
Q7Leader Manager scan Platform
Hr Talent analysis and file processing system. The Team Development Scan is a latest- generation Talent Management and Succession Planning App. It’s ease of use makes it the perfect tool to operate at all levels of the organisation. It generates real-time analytics and benchmarks including Competence, Performance and Potential dashboards. It is highly appreciated by managers and talent managers in their daily activities. It is very quick to implement in any organization, whatever the size.
Sadad Web panel
Sadad Payment system merchant user management – SADAD facilitates and streamlines a wide range of payment transactions for individuals, banks, businesses, and the government sector, while continuing to develop new payment products and services. SADAD aims at providing one solution for all payments.
Have friends or relatives who are looking to hire a dedicated development team? Share this with them!
To know more about ateamIndia offerings, drop a mail to [email protected]