Back-end and front-end are the terms that we encounter the most in the world of web development. We call it fancy words for behind the screen and on-screen, respectively. Front-end development basically takes care of the visual pleasure of the users.
Typically, components like buttons, side-panels and navigations–also known as the pre website components, function-based font formatting, a grid-based design for simple organization are all components of these frameworks. The features can vary and be complex based on the kind of framework you decide to choose.
Writing a code from the scratch can be tedious, but using the already existing framework can save you that time, making the launching of your website faster. What if you write a code but when you run it a good number of errors appear on your screen? Well, it can get really frustrating. This can be eliminated by using the pre-existing frameworks.
Vue.js came into play in 2013. Evan You, who was working at Google, created lots of prototypes within a browser. Evan used other existing frameworks as a reference and created Vue.js. It was officially launched in 2014. Vue.js can be used on both mobile phones and desktops for the development of the Electron Framework. It has an HTML extension and a JS base, this makes Vue a pretty favourable front-end tool.
Some of the major advantages of Vue.js are:
- It is compact: As we know, the success of a framework depends on the size. Vue.js is a small-sized framework, it ranges from 18-24kb. This makes it easier to download and install. The compact size beats various bulky frameworks.
- It is easy to understand and work with: Vue.js as a facile structure that can be easy to understand. With this framework, both small and large level templates can be made. Errors are easily traceable; this saves a lot of time.
- Communication: Since Vue.js has a Model View ViewModel (MVVM) architecture, it makes the handling of HTML blocks efficient.
Companies that use Vue.js:
- Nintendo: For various regional parts (Germany, France, etc.) online presence Nintendo uses Vue.js. On a global level, their stand-alone part called My Nintendo network, Vue.js is used.
- Louis Vuitton: Yes, one of the greatest fashion brands built their website using Vue.js.
- Google: Their Job platform’s UI was built with Vue.js.
- Adobe: It uses Vue.js for multiple projects.
- BMW: BMW USA built a configurator using Vue.js. It lets you create the BMW of your dreams.
- Upwork: For the freelance part of their website, Upwork uses Vue.js.
The question that must be running through your head right now is when to use it? We have the answer.
The human brain loves moments and to delight the human brain we can have animations and interactions on our website, since Vue.js is flexible with transitions you should use it. When you’re working with multiple kinds of web applications (single paged or multiple paged), you need something that can seamlessly bind the pages, given the bendy integration of Vue.js you can do it.
Vue.js is a command line tool, it quickly bootstraps a simple project using the already available tools. It’s simple and effective setting is the reason why we love using Vue.js
Following is a simple flux structure of Vue.js:
In late 2009, A Google employee namely Misko Hevery, was working on a side project which would help building web applications that would help him in his inside projects. This development later came out as Angular.js. Misko and his colleagues experimented using it to create other applications. Misko eventually released this project as an open source framework in 2010.
Some of the various advantages of Angular.js are:
- Efficient data binding: Angular.js enables faster and easier data binding. It does not require developer interference at all. It ensures that the changes that are made to the model are instantly displayed in the model.
- DOM manipulation: Thanks to the two-way data binding, Angular.js conveniently helps the developer to manipulate DOM or Document Object Model. That simply means it helps a developer to save time and code efficiently.
- Server Performance: As Angular.js supports caching, it reduces the performance burden for the CPUs. Due to reduced traffic, the server performs greatly and is responsive to API calls.
- Better application prototyping: Because of the existence of Angular, Rapid prototyping is a big thing in the framework world. Given better server performance, it helps the developer to write less codes, developing prototypes with great functionality without getting annoyed.
- Responsiveness: It fulfils one of the most important requirements of a responsive web server. Angular makes the web experience great by providing faster loading and hassle less navigation through websites and applications.
- Testing capacity: Angular.js builds highly testable websites and applications. Key features that provide this are unit testing and end-to-end testing. It helps make testing and debugging efficiently.
Some of the global brands that use Angular.js:
- Samsung: The Samsung Forward service uses Angular.js to fit visually appealing animations and friendly transitions for a great consumer experience.
- PayPal: Angular.js is the base function for the responsive mobile and web application that PayPal has. It supports real-time feeds for transactions.
- Upwork: Angular.js is employed by Upwork in its tech stack. It provides a responsive single page experience for its users.
- Forbes: one of the biggest users of Angular is Forbes. Angular is capable of handling the journalism demands of the 21st century.
- Gmail: Angular.js handles all the major aspects, whether you are reading an email or switching tabs, Angular.js has its influence in that.
- Mixer: Mixer is a free video game streaming website. As Angular.js permits single page data updation in real time, it is useful to Mixer for streaming features.
Angular.js is useful when you have to build a single page application, or when you want to have a restful application. When you want a flexibility frontend, and when you want the frontend and backend to be separate.
We love using Angular.js because it has a huge community which enables us with quick solutions and information.
Following is a block diagram of Angular.js structure:
Back in 2011, a Facebook software engineer named Jordan Walke created a library heavily influenced by the XHP which is a simple framework, based on HTML components for PHP. First, it was introduced in Facebook’s Newsfeed. Later, being added to Instagram. React is a relatively newer technology in frameworks.
React is an open-source library which helps in viewing data using HTML. It is popularly also known as “Facebook React.js”. Some of the well known tools of React.js are: structor, React.jsx, Coffee react, reactify.
Some of the advantages of using React are:
- It’s easy: React.js is easy to learn and operate as it comes with a supply of handy documentation, tutorials and resources.
- Reusability: The components of React and be reused. For example, if you start with a small project and save its components you can totally reuse it in your bigger app projects. This makes the development and maintenance easy.
- The virtual DOM: Apps with lots of interaction and data update require careful choosing of the structure as it impacts the performance. Document Object Model (DOM) manipulation can really cause annoyance as it is a tree structure and a single change can rip off the work. React solves this by using a Virtual DOM. As the name suggests it’s a virtual representation. Any new changes are first performed to the Virtual DOM that resides in the memory and not on the screen. An algorithm is created which determines the changes and writes back to the developer before making the changes to the real DOM. The actual process is way more complicated than this, though.
- Mobile development: if you thought React.js is just for web development. Could you be anymore wrong? Facebook has recently updated that. Now React is available for mobile updation too.
Here are some of the Applications that work on React.js.
- Facebook: Facebook uses React Native for mobile application development. Native React is responsible for showing various iOS and Android components of Facebook apps.
- Instagram: Instagram uses Reach to enhance their user experience by creating beautiful UIs.
- Netflix: Don’t we all love the AMOLED UI of Netflix? Now we can thank React for that since it’s responsible for the UI of Netflix.
- WhatsApp: After being taken in the Facebook group, WhatsApp recently announced the incorporation of React.js for building great UIs.
- Discord: 98% of the code of discord was shared using React.js.
- Khan Academy: Many differences were observed when Khan Academy adopted React.js. It provides better performance.
Following is the structure of React.js:
Which framework to choose? Vue.js vs Angular.js vs React.js.
Following is the graph of the Popularity:
One thing to keep in mind is that there is no best framework. All the frameworks have their advantages and disadvantages. When speaking in the terms of ease of learning, Vue leads the other two. When speaking of Performance, that wouldn’t be an issue in either of the three.
In terms of Popularity, React used to lead the charts but in mid-2016 Vue started racing past it. All of the frameworks are in a continuous evolution. In our options, you should learn more than one framework. It makes you flexible. Again, it absolutely depends on your gut and need of what you want to choose. It’s your approach.
How Can aTeam Help?
Whether you’re looking forward to turning your unique product idea into reality or to upgrading your already existing software, aTeam has got you covered. We offer customized, robust, scalable and highly secure custom web development services to carve the future of your business.
We are a team of exceptionally skilled software developers and have developed dozens of software for over 75+ companies. Our team will analyze your business needs and help you develop and implement any kind of website or application that will improve your company’s efficiency, generate better revenue and take your company to the next level!
aTeam would love to connect and discuss your project with you!
Contact us Today!
Our team looks forward to serving and helping you achieve your business goals. Talk to our expert today! Drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org