A PWA or Progressive Web Application as we all know is actually a website but it performs like a mobile application. They have numerous benefits because of which aTeam Soft Solutions uses them to make effective new-age web applications for their clients. Following are the reasons why PWA development teams have migrated to PWA.
- Offline Mode Generally in an offline mode, websites are limited to display and not any functionalities. However, mobile apps help to engage with the customer even during no internet connection. With Progressive Web Apps these are combined. During offline mode, the information will be saved automatically during the last access when there was an internet connection. The page can be as the PWA developers choose to do. It can be made attractive with the logo of the brand, information regarding the brand etc. This is a great way to catalogue the customers regarding the details of your business. It will also retain the customer’s attention. Thus, PWA also serves as a great way of customer interaction and promotion.
- App-like Way Even though these apps are made to be like mobile apps, they will still function like websites that have data and access to the database. It will thus have the best of both the worlds. It is also easier for developers to work with PWA apps. Developers have the option of either making a comprehensive program for the app or they can use the framework that is already existing. Thus, using PWA will help you to achieve the better functionalities of a website and the rich user experience of a mobile application.Since PWAs work with access via URL, they can be indexed by search engines. This makes them different from native apps and it is one reason why they are used by businesses a lot.
- Improved Performance The underlying features of progressive web apps make them perform much better than traditional apps. They are also much faster. Some of these features are caches, stylesheets etc. This improved performance is directly proportional to better user experience, retention rates and interaction with the customers.
- Zero InstallInstalling will no longer be a task. Mobile applications usually take a lot of time to download and the users are redirected to google play or app store. But this is not the case with PWA. They make sure that it is directly downloaded into the device. Just like how a mobile application is, PWA will have its own icon on your phone. But the difference is that it is not as tedious as downloading and installing a mobile app. Thus, they are more convenient.
- Specific Hardware Features PWA comes with a lot of tools and hardware features. These features can then be implemented as and when required. It is dependent on the publishers and developers as to how to use these features. Thus, they have the option of coming up with creative ideas. For example, tools like push notification is a creative way of advertising. This can be taken advantage by e-commerce websites as they will have more chances of being read as they will be directly displayed.