There is no exhaustive answer as to who all are using Cesium because it has proved to be so useful that all leading industries are readily adopting it. For example, the research institute of Toyota uses Cesium for understanding the road environment which is detected by their driverless vehicles. Likewise, Propeller employs Cesium site inspections. Thus, many industries have various uses out of Cesium.
Following are some of the exceptional features of Cesium.
- 3D From the Ground UpThe world that we live in itself is 3D. So, this is the context that has to be matched up when it comes to the virtual world. Thus, Cesium provides important spatial insights in the data.
- Time DynamicIt is always important to understand what is happening over a period of time. Cesium has a great time dynamic which is why it is used for construction sites, war zones or even for detecting climate changes.
- PreciseThe data that you procure from the real world has to be accurate. Otherwise, it can lead to manipulated results. In all these high-risk industries, like automobile, precision is the key. Cesium can make sure that the data is 100 percent accurate.
- High PerformanceIn spite of 3D geospatial data being of huge size, Cesium handles it well while making sure not to lag on performance. It employs cloud computing, parallel programming, GPUs etc. all these work towards higher performance.
- CustomisableDifferent industries have different needs with geospatial data. Cesium is built in such a way that it fits the needs of all developers. Everybody can have their own unique and customised experience.
- Open CoreCesium is built to be an open platform. They adopt any new technology and information they can benefit from. They also contribute and collaborate wherever it is required. Even though 3D geospatial data is readily available, it is not easily accessible. However, with developers like aTeam Soft Solutions, this is possible.
- Bring Your Own DataCesium also lets you bring your own data. They can tile your data and stream it in any platform, be it cloud or private network.
- Curated DataThe data is already curated in Cesium. There is a library in the application which can be used for the purpose. They also work with data partners for increasing their database.